Due to unforseen circumstances, we are cancelling tonight’s Summit Choir Rehearsal. We are NOT cancelling the Music Summit, only tonight’s Choir Rehearsal. The Summit Choir will lear all of the songs for the Musical tomorrow during the Choir Rehearsal time, which may be extended.
A music department summit for all choir members and musicians. It will include Meet & Greet, Power Workshops, Choir Rehearsals, and a culminating Concert. All songs will be originals written by the participants of the music summit.
Friday night, Oct. 6, 2017
- Summit Choir Rehearsal – 7:30pm – 9:30pm
- Musician’s Shed Session – 9:30pm – 11:00pm
Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017 – 8:30am – 3:00pm
- Prayer, PowerShops, Lunch & Choir rehearsal
Saturday, October 7, 2017 – 6:00pm – Concert
- Music Summit Choir presenting all original songs
- Douglas Mosby & Uplifted – musicians and vocalists
- David McCoy – musicians & vocalists
- GMWA Richmond Chapter
- Other musical guests
630 E. 16th St.
Richmond, Virginia 23224
You – everyone is welcome to attend. Focus on music ministry including vocals, music dept. leadership, directors, praise & worship and musicians.
- To enhance/organize and develop your local church music department
- To provide a venue where amateur song composers can showcase their gifts and talents
- To hone your music related gifts and provide information that will help you in your service in the ministry of music.
- To promote fellowship and unity in our Jurisdictional Music Department and beyond.
- To provide a means of resources for our Jurisdictional Music Department
Song Submission – Please submit your original written or arranged song music file, the typed lyrics to the song, a brief bio of you and the inspiration of your song via email to:
- Naomi Kim Thomas – email@example.com
- Dianne Minggia – firstname.lastname@example.org (that’s an underscore between my first and last name)
- Reuben Thomas – email@example.com
- James Byrd – firstname.lastname@example.org
Note – If you don’t already have copyright for your song, the fastest way to legally protect the rights of your song is burn it on a CD or tape record it, write the words out and date the copy, then mail the package to yourself. Keep the package sealed and it will hold up in court.
Song Submission deadline – 9/16/2017
Includes: Powershop sessions, registration packet, and lunch (Oct. 7th ).
- online NOT available yet
- Cash or check – See one of the Summit Committee members by 10/1
- ages 13yrs & under – $5, 14-17yrs – $10, 18+ yrs – $25
- ages 13yrs & under – $10, 14-17yrs – $15, 18+ yrs – $30
- Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside – Double and King rooms – $119/night + tax
5406 Glenside Drive, Richmond, VA 23228
Block secured until – 9/22/2017, PLEASE RESERVE ASAP; no block rate extensions past this cutoff date.
To reserve your room go to: www.richmondglensidesuites.hamptoninn.com
Use Group Code – CMS.
- Instruments of the Bible (Why we play instruments in Church)
- Back to the Basics – Restoring the Foundation of the Choir Stand/Restoring the Commitment of the Choir Member